Friday, April 20, 2007

Why I Like Muriel Bowser

There are 19 candidates running in the Ward 4 special election. But the race has really narrowed down to two candidates, Muriel Bowser and Michael Brown. Both have deep roots in the city and the desire to do what is right. However, in my mind, the choice is clear.







Muriel Bowser understands her ward, and will work tirelessly to ensure that her constituents are properly represented and are receiving the best services possible from the city. She is committed to sound policies addressing education, public safety, city services and a host of other pressing issues. I also believe she will keep her promises. Much like Mayor Fenty has stayed true to his word and started to make the necessary changes to put DC back on the right track, Muriel will do the same; not just for her ward but for the District as a whole.



I have spent a good amount of time with Muriel over the past few weeks. I have been able to see that her passion runs deep for the residents of Ward 4 and the challenges they face. We need selfless leaders to run DC, and she has that quality. To Muriel, this is not about her. This is about doing what's right and using her passion and skills to make DC a city where parents have confidence in the public schools, where people can safely walk the streets at night, and where economic opportunity extends to all our residents.



Muriel will keep her campaign promises and is my choice on May 1st.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't mean to delete; I'll try again:

Adam, great post as always. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi, since you've been on my blogroll for a couple of weeks now. I'm Andrew, the guy who sat to your left at the DC blogger meetup Wednesday night.

Let me know if you want any advice n setting up your domain or hosting.

Cheers,
Andrew, pharmcountry.net

Jesse B said...

I'm still on the fence about Fenty, and therefore, about supporting Muriel Bowser. Fenty doesn't need another yes-man on City Council. It's been over 100 days and I haven't seen any drastic changes in my city. Sure, we've moved the boxes around on public education, but that doesn't fix the street lights, potholes, crime...I'm still on the fence about Fenty's progress so far. That is why I hesitate supporting Ms. Bowser; I want people to question the Mayor, not simply agree with him because he is owed a political favor.

Unknown said...

At this point, I am neutral with my rating on Adrian Fenty as our mayor. He was excellent as our Ward 4 councilmember, but since he left the Ward, I have noticed an increase in petty crime and a lack of services that shouldn't be tied to a single person, i.e. when he went, so did my services. I don't want the same thing in the next Ward 4 representative and want someone who will make permanent changes and leave the right legacy. That, coupled with the endorsement of the Gertrude Stein Democratic Club, is why I will cast my vote for Mr. Brown come 01 May 2007!